The Rev'It! Akira Air Vintage Leather Jacket features the same styling as the Akira Leather Jacket, but with a vintage flair, and Tailored Technology for a more tailored look and feel. This jacket is constructed of Pull-up cowhide leather, that looks better the more as it ages and is worn, with PWR|shell 500D stretch for abrasion resistance and comfort, and a removable thermal body warmer for warmth on colder days. This leather jacket also incorporates Dual-comp protectors and CE-level 2 rated SEEFLEX protectors at the shoulders and elbows with the option to upgrade to the SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert. The Masaru Leather Jacket also features short and long connection zippers to allow the wear to connect any Rev'It! pant or utilize the Safeway belt to connect jeans, stretch panels, ample storage, and a fully perforated outer shell for ventilation.
- Pull-up Natural cowhide - This is high quality leather with a natural, classic look that ages beautifully the more it's worn. This type of leather is very soft, delicate and natural. Pull-up is not a type of leather itself; it is an effect that leather gains with a specific tanning process. The pull-up effect is visible when the leather is folded or pulled a new shade of color will appear. The leather is very smooth and has no texture, due to the pull-up effect the garment will break in easily and will soon have the unique worn-in effect. It is very durable and has high abrasion-resistant and breathability properties.
- Lorica -Lorica is constructed from microfibres that give the material characteristics similar to those of natural leather, including a leather look. This low-maintenance material is not as strong as leather, but softer and lighter, with a consistent thickness that makes it easier to process.
- PWR|shell 500D stretch - T his material is Rev'It!'s take on Cordura . Consisting of 100 percent high-performance polyamide yarns, PWR | shell takes the best properties of Cordura - a high melting point, tremendous tear- and abrasion-resistance, excellent durability - and puts the unique Rev'It! design stamp on it. This PWR | shell fabric comes in a stretch variant. 500D indicates the density of the fabric. The higher the number the better the abrasion- and tear resistance properties are.
- Neoprene - Neoprene is a synthetic rubber useful for protective gear. It is abrasion-resistant, chemical-resistant, waterproof, somewhat stretchable, and buoyant.
- Insulation - detachable thermal bodywarmer
- SEEFLEX Level 2 CE protection - Certified CE-Level 2 according to the new norm EN1621-1:2012 the SEEFLEX protector is the latest innovation from the in-house R&D department. The new norm also tests the impact levels in various temperature ranges. The SEEFLEX protectors easily surpass the new norm without sacrificing wearer comfort.
- Prepared for SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert - Type RV - The back protector pocket in this Rev'It! garment is tailor-made to accommodate the SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert Type RV - an easy upgrade to maximize safety.
- Dual-comp protector - TPU aluminium protector at shoulders, elbows, and knuckles. The dual-comp protector consists of a 3D, pre-shaped honeycomb structure of TPU material, topped by an aluminium high-impact shield, for ultimate sliding. This lightweight hard part increases the level of protection significantly, without adding the considerable weight of traditional plastic hard parts. When fighting G-forces, every gram counts! Under the shoulder and elbow parts is ergonomically shaped, CE-approved armour, perfectly placed to maximize impact-resistance while preserving freedom of movement.
- Safety stitching - Stitching seams can be the weakest link in motorcycle garments, as they can rip upon impact. This ripping of seams can be prevented, however, through safety-stitching technology. Rev'It! uses safety stitching on garment areas at increased risk of impact (directive on the definition of risk category in zones 13595-1:2002).
- Safety seams - The stitching in motorcycle garments contributes greatly to the abrasion resistance of the total gear. This is why Rev'It! uses safety seams on garment areas at increased risk of impact. Safety seams have a visible as well as an invisible seam. This construction keeps the material of the outer shell together, even when the visible seam is thorn.
- Composition - 91% Leather, 8% Polyamide, 1% Elastane
- Adjustability - adjustment straps
- Ventilation - fully perforated outer shell
- Features - stretch lips, comfort cuffs
- Stretch panels -The stretch panels in this garment aid in flexibility. They contribute to the riders comfort as they provide great freedom of movement.
- Short and double long connection zipper - Thanks to the short and long connection zipper, this jacket is/these trousers are compatible for pairing with any pair of trousers/any jacket in the Rev'It! line.
- Pockets - slit pockets, inner pockets, document pocket