The AGV Pista GP Project 46 2.0 helmet represents the latest in a long line of high end "Race Style" motorcycle helmets from AGV. This helmet was born and tested in the MotoGP Circuit with the help of Valentino Rossi. The Pista GP represents the latest in helmet technology, pushing the envelope for both performance and safety.
The AGV Pista GP is a full carbon fiber helmet specially designed for racing. It is the result of the AGV Extreme Standards Helmets project, which makes it one of the most innovative helmets ever released by AGV. The outer shell is in full carbon fiber. It was designed, developed, and tested together with Valentino Rossi aiming to create the ultimate protection for racing. The use of FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) enabled developers to reach new untouched standards in terms of protection, comfort, and ergonomics, making the Pista GP, the benchmark helmet for motorcycle racing.
The ventilation system of the Pista GP was constructed utilizing computational fluid dynamic modeling and wind tunnel tests. The Pista GP is capable of quickly removing moisture and hot air from around the riders head. The spoiler has granted the Pista GP with aerodynamic penetration and stability at high speed. The visor aperture on this helmet is 9% larger, which equates to a 15o increase in vision, enhancing safety.
"Human Engineering" was utilized for the fit of the Pista GP Helmet, meaning the design began with the surfaces that are in contacted with the wearer's head. The interior of the helmet features a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to fit the contours of the rider's head and any surfaces in contact with the rider's head are designed to be stitch-free. To ensure a good fit for any rider, the Lycra and Shalimar sanitized internal components are fully adjustable! For example, the position and depth of the crown pad can be altered as can the thickness of the cheek pads.
- Residual impact force transmitted to the head is reduced by 36% compared to the limit established by ECE regulations
- HIC index is 48% below the limit established by ECE regulations
- Basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet, thus allowing the use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety
- Visor is Class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision
- Field of vision is 15° wider, without compromising its level of protection
- Overall visor window area has increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection
- Z-Lift index has been reduced by 44% after wind tunnel tests
- Air intakes have almost tripled in size, whereas the entire ventilation system of the PistaGP helmet removes heat and moisture very efficiently
- Padding has a 3D concave structure, which is preshaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort
- Thanks to its "from the inside out" design, the structural components of the helmet are designed to provide the required performance while minimizing size and weight
- Frontal cross section has been reduced by 3% and the lateral cross section by 6% compared with the GP-Tech helmet
- Fit of the PistaGP helmet, covered by three patents, provides an extraordinary high level of comfort and adaptability to different shapes, unknown up to now.
- SSL (Super Super Light) carbon fiber shell
- 4 shell sizes
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into shell
- Scratch-resistant visor with wide field of vision with tear-off pins, ready and suitable for tear-off shields
- Visor is class 1 optical standard approved for ecellent vision
- XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) so you can replace the shield in seconds without the use of tools
- The field of vision is 15o wider and the overall visor window area has been increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection
- Basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet, allowing the use of saved space to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety
- Breathable Lycra micro-porous lining and Dry-Comfort fabric with sanitizing treatment, fully removable and washable
- Padding has a 3D concave structure which is pre-shaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort
- See helmet size chart below before ordering
- DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
"I consider the PistaGP helmet to be a homage to Gino Amisano, an enterpreneur I admired for his ability to innovate, for the standards he set and for the competitive spirit he had when he faced a challenge. The new helmet is based on AGV Standards, the project that follows Amisanos core values and revolutionizes helmet development, setting new standards for protection and ergonomics that can be demonstrated. The new generation of helmets developed through this project has the task of bringing AGV to lead again in both the market and the technical field." - Lino Dainese