The Arai Corsair X Helmet is the latest version of the Arai Motorcycle Helmet Line. The Corsair X Helmet boasts upgraded ventilation, all new high end material for the liner, Arai VAS (Variable Axis System) Shield and the Max Vision Pinlock Shield with clear insert included. Snell 2015 certified with the famous Arai Helmet R75 shell shape for maximum safety the Corsair X is ready for the street or race track.
No one pays more attention to the subtle variations and infinite possibilities of the human head shape than Arai. Why? Because it's the secret to getting the best comfort and fit.
So for more than three decades, Arai has pioneered different shapes - and even different proportions within those shapes - in our various helmet models, working to offer a better fit for more people.
Note: A Helmet needs to be tried on in order to determine a proper fit.
VAS Shield Mechanism
The SAI shield on the Corsair-V has only a single axis pivot point but the Corsair-X has the new VAS mechanism with a variable axis incorporating a moving pivot point. By combining the pin trajectory, which is based on an imaginary axis, with the two trajectories of the double pivot point slot, the shield opens and closes smoothly even with the much lower shield mount position.
A dual-function lever releases both the side cover / pod and shield pin for quick and simple shield removal. Being able to see the shield mechanism allows for easier shield changes.
Improved Shield Latch
The VAS latch captures and securely holds the shield closed to help prevent unexpected opening. In addition to the de-mist function, the larger latch allows for intuitive and seamless shield operation.
Diffuser Type 12
New Type 12 diffusers are 20mm longer and take in 19% more air than the previous design. In addition, the new air intake vents have three positions and are designed to help provide improved sealing which decreases road noise and water intrusion.
VAS Max-V (BV) Shield
VAS Max Vision shield is standard to provide better visibility in all seasons and for all types of riding. A clear Pinlock insert is standard with the Corsair-X.
The new chin curtain accentuates the egg-shaped form of the outer shell. In addition, it blocks the intrusion of turbulent air from the underside of the helmet and increases negative pressure to enhance the function of the chin vent by drawing more air from the mouth area.
Improved Glance Off Ability
The VAS pivot cover is now smaller and lower than the previous design, yielding an average of 24mm more area above the cover. The shell is now smoother along the Snell test line in the temple area, thus increasing the helmet's ability to glance off objects during an impact.
Compared with the shell of the Corsair-V, the smooth area around the temple is increased by an average of 24mm on the new VAS model. Having a rounder, smoother shell over a larger area increases the ability of a helmet to glance off objects more easily.
PB-SNC 2 Shell
Created from super fiber and special synthetic fibers, and assembled by Arai experts, the shell provides both superb tensile strength and flexibility characteristics. Like the metal bands used to hold a wooden barrel together, a variety of carefully placed materials, combined with newly developed resins result in strong shells with less weight.
The fully removable interior comfort liner has been improved and updated with Eco-Pure material, which helps maintain a neutral pH level close to the skin. In addition, the new, soft frame material is more comfortable and features removable temple padding and brand new removable/replaceable crown pad to allow for a customized fit.
The new IC Duct-5 provides 11% more air flow than the previous Delta Duct 5. The new, bigger switch features three positions, is easier to open, and limits water intrusion when fully closed.
- VAS (Variable Axis System) shield and side pods are exclusive to the Arai Corsair X Helmet
- Dual function lever releases both the side pod and the face shield for quick and simple face shield removal
- VAS shield latch system captures and holds the face shield closed and provides a de-mist position to slightly crack the shield open
- VAS MAX Vision face shield provides excellent visibility in all seasons thanks to the included Pinlock insert
- Neckroll is removable and has additional exhaust channels to remove interior heat
- Cheek pads have the Emergency Release Tab feature
- IC Duct5 forehead vent provides 11% more airflow than the Corsair V, features 3 positions and is overall large and easy to operate with gloves
- PB SNC2 Shell has superb tensile strength due to a variety of carefully-positioned materials and light weight resin
- Arai's R75 shell shape creates a rounder, smoother helmet to enhance energy and impact dispersion
- Includes clear Pinlock insert
- Snell 2015 and DOT approved