The Arai Defiant Helmet is based on the very successful Arai RX-Q Helmet (Arai has labled the RX-Q The Ultimate Street Helmet) with several features unique to the Defiant Helmets. While it was developed with the urban, naked bike riders in mind it will work well for any street or track bike rider. The Defiant Helmet shares the intermediate oval interior shape, shell construction technology as well as a few other features with the RX-Q.
The Arai Defiant uses an all new downforce creating front air dam to reduce buffeting, lift and wind noise. The ventilation system includes a new four opening, three-position chin vent as large, slide-gate-closure, IC-4 Upper intake vents. Straight from MotGP the Defiant uses an all new Dry-Max fabric on the bottom of the cheek pads and neck roll that is hydrophobic. In a rainstorm the new matereial will not absorb water and add weight to the helmet.
- All new aggressive styling.
- Intermediate oval shell shape with proprietary Super Complex Laminate Construction.
- Organic shell shape for superb energy management.
- Large, slide-gate-closure, IC-4 upper intake vents.
- ACR-4 flow thru exhaust vent allows greater air flow when open and reduces drag when closed.
- FCS R (Facial Contour Support) cheek pad design has 5mm peel away micro fit layer for greater personalized fit.
- Cheek pads feature contoured shape, multiple density foam layer supported by a patented spring.
- Shell shape allows for easy on, easy off.
- New Dry-Max water repellent material along bottom edge of neck roll and cheek pads.
- All new downforce creating front air dam to increase helmet stability.
- Pull down spoiler works.
- SAI Max Vision Brow Vent Pinlock anti-fog lens insert included.
- DOT and Snell 2010 certified
Note: All helmets come with a clear shield