The Signet-Q takes all the favorite features of the RX-Q and create a whole new series based on all the successes. On the outside, the Arai Signet-Q Mask Helmet looks very similar to it's namesake, the RX-Q, but on the inside you can see and feel the difference. A longer shell shape on the Arai Signet-Q Helmet gives 5mm more space front to back allowing for a larger number of heads to fit comfortably. The shape of the Arai Signet-Q Mask Helmet releases forehead pressures and eliminate hot spots for a more comfortable fit every time. This shape works best for riders with a long oval head shape.
SAI Max-Vision Brow Vent Shield
SAI Max-Vision "Brow Vent" shield, combines the enhanced field of view of the SAI eye-port (with 5mm more peripheral view at each side), with a full eye-port cavity to accept the Pin Lock 100% Max-Vision lens for larger anti-fog field of view.
Long Oval shell Shape
- The elongated shell and interior liner, front to back, give the new Signet-Q the ability to end forehead pressure and hot spots for riders whose heads are significantly longer front to back and narrower side to side
- For head shapes that are longer, but still have a bit of width, the Signet-Q interior head liner has 5mm peel-away pads on both sides to allow the rider to micro-fit themselves without the need to change size or purchase optional comfort liners
Advanced ventilation combines more efficiency with even less interior noise. Arai's ability to further refine proven designs to increase helmet performance proves that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to make substantial improvements. The vents have been refined to be extremely efficient, flowing huge volumes of air through the interior to improve ventilation at road speeds. Not a lot of vent holes--just the right ones, in the right sizes, in the right place.
The added benefit of 5mm peel-away temple pads adds another level of customization, giving the helmet interior a little extra width when needed. Enhanced customer benefits of customizable, micro fitment interior, without the need to purchase extra interior components, underscores Arai's commitment to providing Arai customers with more.
Lower Center of Gravity
A uniquely-designed lower Higher-Ridge circles the shell bottom to improve strength and aerodynamics. Its design lowers the center-of-gravity for an exceptionally light feeling on the rider's head, and provides a larger bottom opening for easier on-off without enlarging the helmet.
Removable Neck Roll
The Signet-Q has both a removable neck roll and Arai's (now copied) innovation, the Emergency Cheek Pad Removal System. Both come directly from it Corsair V "big brother".
Facial Contour System
The new Facial Contour support (FCS) cheek pad design, is an innovative and exclusive spring support system. FCS adds just the right amount of pressure when needed while being worn, but seamlessly "gets out of the way" when putting on and taking off the Signet-Q. This design, combined with the 5mm peel-away micro-fit layer, amplifies Arai's attention to all aspects of the helmet fit.
Even More Comfort
The Signet-Q's truly-unique, newly-sculpted cheekpad shape cradles the head from underneath for a level of comfort and security that needs to be felt to be believed. With more surface area, it moves away from the typical "pressure fit" to a more "comfort fit" based on the design's "cradle" support. The design was influenced by Arai's F-1 drivers, the most demanding of all for fit.
Very, very quiet. Mostly owed to the new cheekpad design. The newly sculpted lower portion of the cheek pad better cradles the jaw, blocking more noise entering the helmet from underneath--the major source of helmet noise--by creating a better noise seal. This, combined with new sound-deadening foam in the ear pocket, gives you an extremely quiet helmet.
Aerodynamic Exhaust Vent Cowling
New more aerodynamic upper and side exhaust vent cowling, sculpted to enhance stability while increasing exhaust efficiency. The side vent cowls are tailored to the needs and speeds of the street. Compared to the C-V, the Signet-Q's cowlings are larger and more aggressively styled, as lower street speeds require more surface area and a more refined shaping in order to deliver the increased stability. High speed performance is also excellent.
Arai's exceptional handmade craftsmanship, made to a higher standard of protection, comfort, and quality that's difficult to put a "price" on.
A Philosophy of Evolution Not Revolution
True to Arai's successful generations-long philosophy of evolution rather than revolution, the complexity and sophistication of the RX-Q design is hidden in the simplicity of its execution. Its typical "Arai look" belies the considerable performance this helmet delivers for the street rider.
Testing feedback has centered on how light the Signet-Q feels in hand--and even lighter on the head. Peripheral vision, comfort, and stability seem to be immediately recognizable, and a new level of quiet that impresses everybody who experiences it, proving that this helmet needs to be ridden in to fully appreciate the features that make it stand out among its competition.
Brow Vent channeling
The faceshield Brow Vents, like those of the Corsair V, redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead, and around the ear area (missed by many helmet ventilation systems). The stale air is then extracted out the side exhaust cowls. The airflow over the temple artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area. This simple re-purposing of two existing vent features greatly improves helmet performance and rider comfort.
- Both the top vent set and side exhaust cowls are direct carryovers from the RX-Q
- Brow vent ducting redirects to flow air across the temples
- DDL-4 exhaust vent to the 10mm wider eye port (5mm on each side)
- Long Oval Fit
- SAI "MAX-Vision Brow Vent" shield
- Clear Pin Lock Max-Vision Brow Vent face shield Included with the helmet
- Elongated shell adds 5mm from front to back
- Long-Oval shape helps prevent "Hot-Spot"
- Multi-Density Single piece EPS liner
- Removable, replaceable, washable interior
- Dry-Cool Surface material for rapid displacement of heat and moisture away from your head and into the ventilation airflow for added comfort while riding and a quick dry between rides
- 5mm peel-away temple pads adds another level of customization, giving the helmet interior a little extra width when needed
- Enhanced for customizable micro fitment interior without the need to purchase extra interior components
- New FCS (Facial Contour Support) cheek pad design
- Innovative and exclusive spring support adds just the right amount of pressure when needed while being worn
- Meets or exceeds Snell and D.O.T. standards