The Shoei RF-1200 Helmet is a direct replacement for the Shoei RF-1100 Helmet. The RF-1200 weighs in at 3.45 lbs in a size medium which is light for a Snell Certified Helmet, the RF-1200 is currently the lightest Snell Helmet in the Shoei Line. Shoei's goals with the evolution of the RF Series Helmet were to create a lighter more compact helmet, with improved ventilation and less internal noise than the previous generation. Our initial road tests confirm the fact they have acheived the above mentioned goals.
Compact - Lightweight - Aerodynamic Design:
- Shoei's state-of-the-art wind tunnel at their Ibaraki Factory was the key to the RF-1200 Helmet Design Process. Thanks to the time spent in the wind tunnel the RF-1200 sports a more compact and aerodynamic shell than the RF-1100 and is the lightest Snell Certified Helmet in the Shoei Line as of it's introduction.
- Using the Shoei Wind Tunnel the optimal balance of ventilation and noise was identified. Using this knowledge Shoei Engineers equipped the RF-1200 with a large, three position lower vent shutter for ease of use with gloves, three upper vents for optimal air intake, and four upper exhaust vents too take full advantage of negative pressure suction. The end result is dramatically improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion.
- Provides the rider with a large periphereal field of vision that rivals riding without a helmet. 3D injection molded shield protects against 99% of harmful UV Rays and offers distortion free vision throughout the entire range. Innovative new ribs have been added to strengthen the shield. Additionally the CWR-1 Shield is Pinlock Ready and the helmet ships with a clear Pinlock Inner Lens. Pinlock is the premier anti-fog helmet shield system.
Precision QR-E Base Plate System:
- The RF-1200's all-new QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before. Once a shield is installed, the strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the dual-lip, dual-layered window beading to ensure a wind and waterproof seal. Add to the mix an all-new five-stage rotating dial that allows fine-tuning the base plate's position easily and accurately.
Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell:
- The RF-1200 features the SHOEI Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell construction. Combining fiberglass with organic fibers, the RF-1200's proprietary AIM+ Shell is not only strong, it is extremely lightweight, and comes in an industry-leading four shell sizes to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
Dual-Layer / Multi-Density EPS Liner:
- Dual-Layer, Multi-Density EPS liner not only provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam in key areas around the riders head, it is also designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS, further enhancing the RF-1200's superior ventilation. In addition to enhanced impact absorption and ventilation, the precision placement of multi-density EPS liner material yields a more compact, lightweight design.
3D Max-Dry System II Interior:
- Fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable 3D Max-Dry System II interior. The 3D center pad is three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction-free, high-speed riding. Additionally, the RF-1200's 3D-shaped cheek pads are available in multiple sizes for a customizable fit, and SHOEI's Max-Dry System II liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional Nylon helmet interiors.
Emergency Quick Release System (E.Q.R.S.):
- SHOEI equipped the RF-1200 Helmet with its exclusive Emergency Quick Release System (technology borrowed from The Shoei X-Twelve Helmet) that allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider's helmet. When the cheek pads have been removed, the helmet can be safely lifted from a rider's head without creating unnecessary strain in the neck area.
- The Shoei RF-1200 also includes a removable breath guard and chin curtain.