The Rev'It! Women's line is designed, as they put it, "By women, for women". What Rev'It! has accomplished with this process is to take the safety of the men's version of gear and redifine the fit for a woman's curves. This results in a quality durable piece of gear with style, function, comfort, and safety all with with a dash of tailored fit.
The Rev'It! Women's Tornado 2 Textile Jacket is a an update to the Tornado and incorporates upgraded safety features. This jacket got an update in fashion and is constructed of polyester rib, PWR|shell 1000D, PWR|shell 500D stretch, and Lorica fabric with detachable two-in-one thermal liner and membrane as well as a fully waterproof, detachable hydratex liner . This textile jacket incorporates SEEFLEX CE-level 2 protectors and is prepared to accept an upgrade to the SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert. The Airwave 2 Jacket also features multiple adjustors, storage, ventilation panels, laminated reflection for visibility, and is prepared for the optional upgrade to the Challenger cooling vest insert.
- Polyester rib - Polyester fabric is a mainstay of Rev'It! garments, providing the stylish silhouette that our apparel is known for. This polyester fabric features a specific rib weave, for optimal performance.
- PWR|shell 1000D - This material is Rev'It!'s take on Cordura . Consisting of 100% high-performance Polyamide yarns, PWR|shell takes the best properties of Cordura - high melting point, tremendous tear- and abrasion-resistance, and excellent durability - and puts the unique Rev'It! design stamp on it. PWR|shell provides high-performance protection for every rider.
- PWR|shell 500D stretch - This material is Rev'It!'s take on Cordura . Consisting of 100 percent high-performance polyamide yarns, PWR | shell takes the best properties of Cordura - a high melting point, tremendous tear- and abrasion-resistance, excellent durability - and puts the unique Rev'It! design stamp on it. This PWR | shell fabric comes in a stretch variant. 500D indicates the density of the fabric. The higher the number the better the abrasion- and tear resistance properties are.
- PWR|wax 500D - This PWR|shell material has a wax coating for a slightly dull look.
- Lorica -Lorica is constructed from microfibres that give the material characteristics similar to those of natural leather, including a leather look. This low-maintenance material is not as strong as leather, but softer and lighter, with a consistent thickness that makes it easier to process.
- Detachable hydratex |G-liner -Waterproof hydratex | G-liner coating is applied to the inside of the garment's inner lining, and the seams are taped to ensure that the garment is waterproof. The Rev'It! hydratex | G-liner coating is used in the construction of products that demand a basic level of all-weather protection. For most products, the G-liner can not be removed. But now we made the G-liner detachable, and in some cases we add a mesh lining, to prevent the material from sticking to your skin. This maximizes comfort, while preserving the properties of the G-liner construction.
- Detachable 2-in-1 thermal liner & membrane - In these garments we have added a thermal liner to the detachable hydratex | G-liner. This becomes one layer that can be easily removed on warm, dry days, and easily added when you need protection from the rain and cold.
- SEEFLEX Level 2 CE protection - Certified CE-Level 2 according to the new norm EN1621-1:2012 the SEEFLEX protector is the latest innovation from the in-house R&D department. The new norm also tests the impact levels in various temperature ranges. The SEEFLEX protectors easily surpass the new norm without sacrificing wearer comfort.
- Prepared for SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert - Type RV - The back protector pocket in this Rev'It! garment is tailor-made to accommodate the SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert Type RV - an easy upgrade to maximize safety.
- Laminated reflection - Reflection panels ensure excellent visibility at all angles, allowing the wearer to be seen from all directions. To offer a more sophisticated look, the reflection panels are welded to the fabric. This welding process also eliminates stitching seams, making the garments safer.
- Composition - 86% Polyamide, 14% Polyester
- Adjustability - adjustment tabs, adjustment straps
- Flexisnap - The Rev'It! flexisnap makes it possible to adjust the collar circumference easily and personalize its fit to each rider. A jacket is often worn in more then one season, and the flexisnap makes it possible to adjust the collar within seconds. During winter a wider collar circumference accommodates combining the jacket with a balaclava or wind collar, while during summer, a wider circumference lets an all-important cooling wind into the collar.
- Ventilation - ventilation panels
- Features - double short connection zipper, stretch lips
- Prepared for Challenger cooling vest insert - The jacket is prepared for the Challenger cooling vest insert. The Challenger can be zipped directly into the outer shell with the connection zippers.
- Prepared for vest connector HV - The Vest connector HV allows you to the upgrade your jacket with a HV vest that quickly and easily attaches. The highly visible EN471-certified vest offers enhanced safety.
- Collar hook - The collar hook and loop allow you to draw back the front side of the collar, allowing air flow to cool the neck during warmer periods of the year without the annoying flapping of the loose collar.
- Pockets - slit pockets, inner pockets